Dec 01 2009

Down with the Sickness

Seems everybody is sick right now, myself included. I have better nights, but I wake up feeling all dehydrated, stuffed up, sore throat, muscle aches, and a headache. Even my ears hurt deep inside. I hope to get over this very soon, as I have way too much to do these days!

So, I can’t possibly recap the past two weeks as I hardly remember them, but here’s what I do remember…

* Greg & John had a birthday outing bar hop, and I had to leave early, but had fun while I was there.

* I co-ran the Lola Felli bridal show in Pasadena. We had a great response to our booth and products, but no sales. We need more trendy colors, and we’re working on that!

* I went camping with Kyle, Violet, Jason, Marcos, Zillah, and a bunch of new friends. It was such a great weekend. I could see every star in the sky! We camped in Anza Borrego far out into the middle of nowhere. We had over 25 people camping in total in our group!

* Went to karaoke for John & Greg’s birthday (part 2) and had a great time hanging out with friends and singing.

* Thanksgiving was spent in New Jersey with my god-mother, her fiance, and her god-mother. I got sick as soon as I arrived in Philly, and spent the next few days having trouble sleeping and functioning properly. I was so exhausted and worn out. Thanksgiving food was great though!

* My god-mother’s wedding was on Saturday after Thanksg. Viv & Gabe are married now, and they are soooo happy! It was a very busy weekend, but great to be a part of it!

11/29 – Flew home, which took forever. My second (longest) flight gave me a middle seat and tons of babies crying all around me. John picked me up from the airport and we went to eat. I was soooo tired, but I still wanted to go see Kyle, so I went over to his new place after settling in and playing with the kitties for a bit.

11/30 – Woke up soooo sore and with a pretty bad sinus condition. I couldn’t breathe very well at all. I decided to work from home and rest. At night, I felt sooooo much better. I went and got a massage at Massage Envy in Glendale (Zoya is the best)! Then, I went to Koji’s for dinner with Laury & Marlee. Jay joined us, and then Violet and Jason joined us.

After, I went down to the bowling alley and bowled one game. I got only a 67. Boo! 🙁 When Kyle got off work, we went to the NoHo Diner for him to get some grub, then I went home to rest.

12/01 – Woke up severely ill. I have a sore throat, headache, body aches, severe congestion, and dehydration. I really hope my humidifier gets here soon! I think it will help a lot. It’s been so dry here!

I decided to stay home tonight and not go to trivia. I want to go, but I need rest. I worked for a few hours on strategy and planning for Lola Felli. I also watched CNN all day, which has been solely focused on the Afgan war. I don’t really have much of an opinion anymore. I’m more interested in universal healthcare and jobs for all people!

Tomorrow, I am going to move from one storage unit to a larger one, as well as working a bit. Mostly, I need to rest. Kyle and John Leonetti are going to help with the move, thankfully!